What kind of dish is this?
This is a Pakistani dish consisting of meat, rice and spices.
It is a delicious dish with a unique recipe and aroma.
Sindhi biryani is very popular among the many types of biryani.
・biryani= rice, to fry, to roast in Persian
The exact origin is unknown.
Based on the records that can be confirmed, I will write about Biryani in general.
Biryani is a dish in which spices are added to the Pulao(Pilaf) or the recipe is changed.
It was born and developed during the Mughal Empire of the Turkish Islamic dynasty, which survived from 1526 to 1858.
The first Mughal Emperor, Babru, was a man who preferred Persian and Central Asian meat dishes because he was not familiar with the culture of the new land.
The second emperor Humayun loved Pulao and was also interested in other cultures.
Perhaps in his time the spice was introduced, and what led to the modern day Biryani was born.
By the way, the records of the Mughal Empire do not distinguish between Biryani and Pulao.
It is unclear when it came to be called Biryani or when it became the same as modern style.
※Since Islam was transmitted in the 7th century, it may have existed around this time.
This time I made it with Pakistani Sindhi biryani Masala.
It is an interesting dish where I can enjoy different cultures with the smell of basmati and spice.
I made a lot of it, so I will spend just a few days eating it. I’m happy I made it delicious.
Recipe of Sindhi biryani
- 50 ml oil
- 1 onion / slice
- 500 g chicken thigh
- 3 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 30 g Sindhi Biryani Masala
- 1 potato / diced
- 50 ml yogurt
- 50 ml water
- 2 tomato / slice
- 5 green chilli
- Free coriander / chopped
- Free mint / chopped
- 500 g basmati rice
- Fry the onions. Until golden. Add meat and paste. Stir fry.
- Add Sindhi Biryani Masala, potato and yogurt. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add water. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender.
- Add tomato, green chilli, coriander and mint. Do not stir.
- Cook basmati rice in another pot.→Wash the rice well. Soak for 30 minutes.→Add 1 liter of water and 1 tbsp of salt to the pot. Add rice when boiling. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the rice and drain it.
- Add number 6 to number 5. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low heat for 10-20 minutes.