What kind of dish is this?
This is a Moroccan dish that is cooked with the moisture of the ingredients themselves.
This uses a uniquely shaped tagine pot to stews the ingredients with the water that has fallen down the pot lid.
Tajine = the name of the pot and the name of the dish.
It comes from the ancient Greek frying pan and the Arabic word for shallow clay pot.
It has a history of over 1000 years.
Tajine pot is Earthenware from Pottery. In 146 BC, pottery was introduced into North Africa by the Romans.
Hundreds of years later, in the 9th century One Thousand and One Nights, there is a description of Tajine.
This is the oldest description of Tajine.
At least 1000 years ago, it was probably created and developed by the people of the desert, where water was precious.
Similar recipes to Tajine are found around the world.
Due to the strong influence of Islam in North Africa, similar dishes have taken root around the route where Islam once advanced.
In addition, the Jews who lived in North Africa migrated.
Soldiers brought back home when France advanced to North Africa.
For these reasons, it spread throughout the world.
I often eat something made with a similar cooking method.
I noticed once again that the ingredients themselves are also seasonings.
All you have to do is put the ingredients in the pan, cover the lid and turn on the fire.
You can make it delicious with just this.
That’s why I recommend it to many people.
Recipe of Tajine
- A tajine pot or a pot that can be cooked without water. Regular pots and pans can be used with a little water added.
- 2 salted lemons / finely chopped flesh / partly sliced
- 500 ｇ chicken / bite size
- 2 onions / chopped
- 15 g garlic / grated
- 15 g ginger / grated
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 70 ml olive oil
- 50 ml water
- Free olive
- Add lemon, chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, cilantro, parsley, turmeric, salt and pepper to a bowl.Stir.Marinate overnight.
- Add 35 ml of olive oil to the pan.Add the marinated chicken.Then add the onions, marinade, olives and 35 ml of olive oil.Add water, if necessary.
- Cover.Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Open the lid.Replace the meat on top.Top with sliced lemon.Put the lid on again.Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.Finish.
Leave a Reply