What kind of dish is this?
This is a Croatian stew made from seafood, olive oil, wine and tomatoes.
There are many similar dishes around the Mediterranean, including French bouillabaisse.
Brodet=fish soup etc
※The name changes depending on the region.
Boiled fish dishes exist all over the world.
Croatian one is characterized by using olive oil and wine.
In the 5th century BC, Greek pioneers began cultivating olive oil and wine in Croatia, as well as introducing fish recipes.
Also, the cookbook of the 5th century says, “Stew with spices and herbs.”
The details are unknown, but it is certain to have a long history.
By the way, tomatoes came to be used for cooking in the 17th and 18th centuries, so I think the modern style was born at this time.
Many recipes recommended using at least three types of seafood and low-fat fish.
But, there are no rules for ingredients, as the dish is basically made with ingredients that were available at the time.
I can’t eat crustaceans, so I made this dish with yellowtail, salmon and cod.
It’s hard to express in words how I feel about this dish…
Swimming in the ocean.
Swimming in olive oil, (marinated)
Finally, it also swims in the wine. (Simmer.)
The flavors brought out by the fish, olive oil and wine that swam in different environments were complex , but delicious.
Recipe of Brodet
- 450 g favorite fish
- 10 g garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Free parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion / slice
- 10 g garlic
- 2 tomato / diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 160 ml white wine / red wine is also okey.
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 laurel leaves
- 5 g consomme cube
- Free water / amount that can cover the whole
- Marinate the favorite fish with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
- Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil. Until soft.
- Add tomato and tomato paste. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add number 1, laurel leaves, consomme cube and water.
- Stew on medium heat for 15 minutes. Do not cover. Add water as needed.Finish.