What kind of dish is this?
This is an American dish that combines pasta with vegetables and herbs.
Primavera= It means “spring” in Italian.
To use a lot of spring ingredients.
There are various claims about the origin of this dish.
What I write this time is one of them.
This is a dish developed by Ed Giobbi, the artist and author of the cookbook.
While studying fresco in Italy, he also studied pasta.
He developed the pasta primavera based on his experience and the dishes cooked by his grandmother.
But, the recipe he developed was a simple one with only ripe tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil and parsley.
In 1973, Giobbi donated the recipe to his friends, a restaurant owner and a chef, and the pasta primavera became a restaurant menu.
And, It became an article of the New York Times.
That’s why It became famous, and many versions were adjusted by many people.
Perhaps the restaurant owners and chefs have made adjustments such as adding ingredients, so there are probably various claims about the origin.
Also, Considering that the existence of this dish stimulated people’s imagination and resulted in various versions, it is an important dish that contributed to the development of American cuisine.
The one I posted this time is based on various recipes on the internet.
The presence of vegetables, which emphasizes the pasta but also firmly asserts, was wonderful.
Also, it was delicious not only freshly made, but also a little rested in the refrigerator before eating.
Recipe of Pasta Primavera
- 200 g fusilli
- Free water
- Free salt
- 30 ml olive oil
- 15 g garlic
- 1 red bell peppers / slice
- 1 yellow bell peppers / slice
- 100 g crown daisy / cut into 3cm width
- 2 king oyster mushroom / slice
- 16 cherry tomato each color / cut in half
- Free salt
- Free pepper
- 30 ml pasta boiled juice
- Free Parmigiano Reggiano
- Boil pasta for a specified time.
- Meanwhile, heat the frying pan with olive oil and fry the garlic, bell peppers, crown daisy, king oyster mushroom, and tomato.
- Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta boiled juice. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano.