What kind of dish is this?
This is a French cooking method in which fish coated with flour is cooked in butter.
The photo is the meunière of the trout.
Meunière=style of the miller’s wife
Butter has been around since BC, but few people in Europe used it for cooking.
Because it was considered barbaric to use butter for cooking.
Moreover, they had olive oil and lard.
But, the change occurred when the Vikings landed in Normandy, France, from Northern Europe in the 8th to 10th centuries and started living.
The Vikings possessed various food preservation technologies to survive long winters and long voyages.
Butter was one of them.
This is why I think the use of butter in food had gradually spread in France.
Meunière is the feminine noun of meunier, which means miller.
When it was common to cook with butter, a miller woman dropped fish into a trough full of flour.
She cooked the flour-coated fish with butter and it was very delicious.
This recipe came to be called meunière, and the one using sole fillets became loved by Louis XIV.
I added soy sauce when I made this.
Because trout and soy sauce are good, butter and soy sauce are good.
Aromas of butter, soy sauce, lemon and parsley.
Trout with a melting texture.
It’s a wonderful dish where all the ingredients are exquisitely effective.
Recipe of Meunière
- 2 Trout fillet
- Free salt
- Free flour
- 15 g butter
- 15 g butter
- 30 g butter
- 1/4 red paprika / chopped
- 1/4 yellow paprika / chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Free parsley
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the trout. Leave for 10 minutes. Wipe off the water. Coat with flour.
- Add15g of butter to the frying pan and melt.
- Cook the trout with the skin side down. Sprinkle melted butter with a spoon while constantly shaking the frying pan. About 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add 15g og butter. turn over the trout. Cook. Sprinkle melted butter with a spoon while constantly shaking the frying pan. About 5 minutes on low heat.
- Transfer the trout to a plate. If you are worried about the oil content, remove the oil.
- Add 30g of butter to the frying pan and melt. Stir fry paprika for a few minutes.
- Add lemon juice, soy sauce and parsley. Mix. Pour into the trout transferred to a plate.Finish.