What kind of dish is this?
This is a French dish in which beef is stewed with burgundy wine.
Eggs is my preference.
It uses Burgundy beef and Burgundy wine.
In the past it was simply called “Ragoût de boeuf / beef stew”.
It is not known when it was born, but it was created by Burgundian farmers to eat old cattle.
Before the French Revolution of 1789, France was an agricultural society, except for some classes.
Farmers used cattle for farming and did not eat them on a daily basis.
They were only eating cattle that were too old to work.
Aged cattle have a harder meat, so they stewed for a long time using local wine to solve it.
Boeuf bourguignon is the beef stew born in this way.
※There is another theory.
In the 19th century, the French and industrial revolutions triggered a change in food culture.
The aristocracy began to fluctuate and tractors were born.
The livestock has now finished its role.
So it became an edible target.
In 1903, Burgundy beef stew recipes were released, using cut meats that were easy to eat and gained popularity at Parisian bistros and became more popular.
In the 20th century, it became a Burgundy specialty.
※This is a story about beef.
When boiled, there is a fascinating scent.
Delicious when eaten.
What can I say without saying this is happy?😎
This recipe takes a long time to cook, but is very easy.
Amazing dishes can be made just by marinating and stewing!
Recipe of Boeuf bourguignon
- 800 g beef / 3-4cm cut into cubes
- 2 carrots / round slices
- 2 onions / slice
- 10 g garlic
- Free orange peel
- 1 bouquet garni
- 750 ml burgundy red wine / Pinot Noir
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 30 g butter
- 100 g bacon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250 g mushroom
- Put beef, carrot, onion, garlic, orange peel, bouquet garni and red wine in a bowl. Marinate overnight.
- Drain ingredients. Keep the marinade juice.
- sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef and stir fry with butter. Until the brown color arrives.
- Add carrots, onions and bacon. Stir fry. About 5 minutes.
- Add flour. Mix. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add marinade and bouquet garni. Cover when boiling. Cook over low heat for 2 hours. Add wine or water as needed.
- Add the mushrooms. Cover. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.Finish.
Leave a Reply